MENU

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

DRINKING THEIR VEGGIES!

January has been an interesting month, most of it revolving around my new healthy eating regime. At the beginning of the month I added juicing and organic vegetables to my diet and eliminated all fried foods, meat, starches and sugars. I'm down twenty pounds and I feel absolutely amazing. As part of my transition I've been trying to figure out how to steer my family down this road as well, most especially since Son-shine, the new daughter-in-law and my beautiful grandbaby will soon be moving in with me. I want to steer my munchkin in a very healthy direction so learning everything I can about juicing for children is a priority. Towards that I thought I'd share one of my very favorite juices for kids. As, well, the book below is one I highly recommend.

Drinking their veggies is nothing but good!


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AGLOMDE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00AGLOMDE&linkCode=as2&tag=thethrmam-20?afsrc=1


ELF JUICE
 

 
 
Ingredients:2 heads of broccoli
4 cups spinach, chard, or kale (or mixture)
1 green bell pepper
2 granny smith apples
1 lime peeled

Directions:
1.) Chop everything into large chunks that will fit into the juicer's chute.
2.) Juice all ingredients.
3.) Serve in small 8 ounce glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment