MENU

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

MY BONNIE AND CLYDE

It has really started to sink in that my baby is about to have a baby of his own.  Son-shine and the new daughter-in-law (affectionately known as Bonnie and Clyde) are mere weeks from embracing the next phase of their lives.  The challenges coming will test their strength and fortitude and fully define who they are, what they want, and present life in a whole new way.   It is going to be a grandparent's dream I-told-you-so moment!

I know that they are both excited and scared.  Being blessed with the responsibility of a new life will be one of the biggest challenges either will ever have to face.  I know I'm excited and scared to death for them.

Being MeeMi affords me the opportunity to embrace having a new baby in a whole new light.  I get to give MeeMi's baby back when I don't want to be bothered.  Son-shine and the new daughter-in-law won't have that luxury. I get to spoil her rotten and let them worry about the discipline.  My baby girl and I are going to have a great time together.  I can't wait for that moment when me and my new bundle of joy get to Thelma and Louise our way into trouble while my Bonnie and Clyde take a rest.

I'm counting down.  Life is about to get sweeter than sweet!
 
 
 
 



 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment