MENU

Sunday, June 30, 2013

LITTLE PIECE OF OPULENCE


Celebrity babies are the trend du jour these days.  And celebrity babies have the luxury of living lavish, high-end lifestyles.  My grandbaby is a celebrity in her own right simply because she’s mine.  She will want for absolutely nothing and if I can afford it she will have that lavish and high-end lifestyle.

When it came to my kids, necessity was my primary motivation.  Needs came well before wants.  Extravagant was never in my vocabulary.  Not one was afforded the luxury of being spoiled.  Much to her parent's chagrin, I'm sure, my grandbaby will be spoiled rotten. 

Baby shopping has surpassed my obsessive shoe shopping.  Meemi’s baby will probably never wear one third of the clothes she’s already amassed.  Her closet is quite the envy!  It's ridiculous right now and I'm sure I'll come to my senses soon but right now I'm far too excited to be practical.

Recently, as I researched strollers I came across this beauty.  It was BMW’s fictitious April Fool's product which they touted as that little piece of opulence every baby needs.  The P.R.A.M. (Postnatal Royal Auto Mobile) was inspired by Britain's upcoming royal birth, and was available in a Royal Blue or Princess Pink version. It was reported to come with air-conditioning, four-wheel drive, and the N.A.P.P.I.E (Nanny Assisting Petrol Powered Injection Engine). 

I thought this darn thing was as cute as it could be and were it available for real, I might not be able to resist the urge to splurge on my little bundle of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment